Wednesday, December 10, 2008

new posts coming

Hello all. This website attracts a surprisingly large amount of traffic. Unfortunately, other commitments have meant that I haven't been able to do any updating. I'm still about five years behind in putting online what I've already researched about mine and my wife's family history. At least I have enough material for a while. I'm going to try and put together some newer posts over the next couple of months. In the meantime, I thought I'd simply list here some names that I shall be looking at in those posts - then people who search for these names will find this site and be interested.

My Yorkshire genealogy: I'll be going into more detail about my BENSON, GARBUTT, GOWLAND, SMURFITT, MAWLAM ancestry. That's mainly around YORK, NORTH RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, KIRKBY WHARFE, & KILBURN.

My wife's genealogy: This will take longer but will include - CHAMPAGNE, LANDRY, BLANCH, TORBORG, SCHROEDER/SCHRODER, DRECKMANN/DREKMANN.... amongst many others, covering MINNESOTA (RICHMOND COUNTY), SASKATCHEWAN (HUMBOLDT & MUENSTER), QUEBEC (MONTREAL), SAINT PIERRE ET MIQUELON, NEW BRUNSWICK (WESTMORLAND COUNTY), FRANCE (NORMANDY, BASQUE, AIX), GERMANY (HANNOVER).... and several others I can't think of just yet!


Hoepfully at least some of this I'll get to in 2009

No comments: