Thursday, November 23, 2006

Amy Hughes - nee Walsh

Amy Hughes was born Amy Walsh in 1909; she married Joe Hughes, the younger brother of my great-grandfather David Hughes (b.1905). I only met Aunt Amy once in about 2000 when I went to talk to her about the family history with my grandad (David Hughes b.1927) at her home in Castleford. She was an extremely kind lady and very interesting to talk to. My grandad has always spoken very highly of her. I found this obituary in an All Saints, Church, Castleford Parish Newletter dated September 2004. It speaks of her long standing work in the Church, Sunday School, Mothers' Union, Local Politics and the Scout Movement. I thought that I would post it here as a tribute to her. - From a family history viewpoint, I think obituaries have to be one of the most wonderful sources of detail about the lives of individuals.

No comments: